Zhong-Sheng-Gong Memorial | |
Native Name: | 宗聖公祠 |
Native Name Lang: | zh |
Coordinates: | 22.6672°N 120.4915°W |
Building Type: | memorial |
Location: | Pingtung City, Pingtung County, Taiwan |
Location Town: | --> |
Completion Date: | 1929 |
Destruction Date: | --> |
Management: | or |
Operator: | or |
Governing Body: | --> |
The Zhong-Sheng-Gong Memorial is a memorial in Pingtung City, Pingtung County, Taiwan.
The memorial was constructed in 1929 by the Zhen clan family members who moved to Taiwan from Guangdong during the Qing Dynasty in the 18th century.[1] It was originally located on the banks of Wannian River. Over the years, more buildings were constructed surrounding the memorial.[2]
The memorial was built with traditional Hakka and Baroque architecture style. The memorial spans over an area of 3,010 m2 with two blocks and double bays. To honor their ancestors to show off their success, their relatives built the Zhong-Sheng-Gong Memorial in 1929.
The memorial is accessible within walking distance east of Pingtung Station of Taiwan Railways.