Building Name: | Church of the Assumption Ukrainian: Костел Небовзяття Пресвятої Діви Марії |
Location: | Chervonohorod (now part of Nyrkiv) |
Religious Affiliation: | Roman Catholic Church |
Coordinates: | 48.8031°N 25.5944°W |
Map Type: | Ukraine Ternopil Oblast |
Year Completed: | 1615 |
Church of the Assumption (Ukrainian: Костел Небовзяття Пресвятої Діви Марії) Roman Catholic Church (RCC) in Nyrkiv of the Tovste settlement hromada of the Chortkiv Raion of the Ternopil Oblast, and an architectural monument of local significance.[1]
It was built in 1615 at the expense of the Lisiecki family.
In 1716, it was rebuilt and acquired its current outline. It was dedicated in 1741 by Bishop Ordinarius of Kamianets-Podilskyi Wacław Hieronim Sierakowski. In 1748, the property situation of the parish improved thanks to donations from Rafał Skarbek and Adam Bielski.[2]
In 1935 the church was set on fire. The parishioners who were resettled to Poland took with them the miraculous image of the Mother of God of Chervonohorod.
Today it is in a state of ruin.